First Impressions: Caudalie Eau de Raisin

Caudalie Eau De Raisin retails at Sephora Singapore, 100ml for S$15

Hi guys! How has 2013 been treating y'all? :D

Anywho, I bought this Caudalie raisin water and here's my first impressions of it~ 
Basically I didn't know it was available in Singapore and thus I begged my friend's sister to get it for me in the US. This 200ml bottle retails for US$20 before tax. So basically after conversion it's just a tad cheaper than the S$15/100ml one in Singapore. If I had known earlier I would have just bought it from the stores myself. My bad :X

Back to the product itself!

This is marketed as a product for sensitive skin. Thus I compared this spray to my trusty Avene thermal water. In all, my initial impression was while the spray was pretty cool (raisin water!) I thought it didn't do much for sensitive skin. It wasn't as soothing as I would have liked it to be.

Scent-wise, I'm so used to the synthetic juicy grape smell from Japanese products that I was dismayed smelling this. It smells like random natural grapes in water. Diluted grape water, I must add.

Also, the cap was kinda a flimsy plastic which bothered me as I'm used to the hard plastic caps from thermal waters. Hence I nearly broke the cap when I just used it. Yikes!

A good thing about the product is, it moisturises! Yes, it does! See, that photo up there shows a sticker saying hydration +127%! Sounds good, doesn't it? Well, I can't measure how more moisturised my skin is but it does feel more moisturised after using this spray. However, I would say you'll still need yer moisturisers especially if you have dry skin! For oily skin types you may skip moisturiser depending on how well-moisturised you feel your face is after using this spray.

Yeah, that's all for my first impressions.
I think it's real cool to have a 'grape water' spray. It clearly differentiates Caudalie from the other sprays in the market. Overall, I wasn't particularly impressed. But, hey, who knows how it fares another few weeks down the road?

Thanks for reading!
Peace.
ThatWhimsicalBlogger



Comments

Popular Posts