Simple DIY oatmeal toner (great for sensitive skin)
|Simple and easy to make- an oatmeal toner to soothe your skin.|
DIY oatmeal toner (great for sensitive skin)
Things You'll Need
1. oatmeal (here I use instant oats but if you can, get organic ones.)
2. hot water
- Scoop out oatmeal into a glass/ceramic/wooden bowl.
- Refrain from using plastic if possible, especially if it's cheap plastic as we don't want some of the chemicals to seep into your oatmeal! Here I am using a ceramic bowl.
- Pour hot water into the bowl and stir using a spoon.
- If it is instant oats, leave it alone for a minute or two and the oat will automatically be cooked.
- Add more water or more oats to achieve the desired consistency.
- I prefer a thicker milky texture(to increase its moisturizing power) so I used more oats and stir thoroughly.
4. (optional)Pour the milky oatmeal layer above the cooked oats through a strainer and into another bowl/container. Leave the oatmeal water to cool.
5. Pour the oatmeal water into a plastic toner bottle once cooled.
6. (Optional): Add essential oils like tea tree oil which have anti-bacterial properties to prolong the shelf life.
7. Store in the refrigerator and dispose off within 3-5 days or when the smell and colour changes.
P.S: I like to make small batches of toner such as in 60ml-100ml bottles as it’s easy to use them up within a few days.
viola, oatmeal toner!