Quick Review/First Impressions: Crabtree & Evelyn Somerset Meadow Eau de Toilette


Somerset Meadow, 60ml for S$58 at C&E outlets, Singapore
Hello hello!
Today's gonna be a quick review/ first impressions of Crabtree & Evelyn's latest perfume offering - Somerset Meadow eau de toilette.

I received a 0.5ml sample vial from C&E's Takashimaya outlet. On a side note, the store person wasn't very friendly. She demanded if I were a member as, according to the way she put it, it's for members-only. This is a total contradiction to what is said on Crabtree & Evelyn's Facebook page - it's a freebie sample for C&E's fb fans. Good grief, I absolutely abhor snobby salespeople AND company miscommunications.

Back to the sample itself!
Anywho, as it is not stated what the notes are in this perfume, I'll just have list them based on what I think they smell like.


When first applied, Somerset Meadow opens with a juicy, sour burst of fruits. Freshly cut sweet, tender pears alongside ripe blackcurrants are what my nose detect. The burst of fruitiness is bolstered by a background of green and white florals and a subtle dash of sandalwood.

The fruitness of the eau de toilette lingers for a good 5-10 minutes before being subdued by the emerging white florals and green notes. It reminds me of cute little white wildflowers amidst a brilliant bed of healthy green grass. The smell of sandalwood is more pronounced now, with its incense-like scent and hints of bitterness. Overall, the smell is still fresh and green. The interplay between sandalwood, white florals and green notes gives the impression of me lying amongst these flowers and grass, inhaling both their smells and the scent of the soil.

A definite light, airy scent. You can almost see pixies frolicking in the flora and fauna beside you.


Somerset Meadow has a soft silage and a longevity of 3-4 hours. I like it, but it's not as special as the older offerings from Crabtree & Evelyn, such as their Evelyn Rose (prior to the hideous 2012 reformulation), Nantucket Briar (gorgeous, seaside-y scent) and Summer Hill (flower power on a hill!).

Well, I hope this first impressions/quick review of C&E's Somerset Meadow EDT was helpful! :D

Have you tried this fragrance? Will you try it? Let me know!

Lots of love

That Whimsical Blogger!


Comments

  1. I love the way you describe what you smell, haha I felt I could literally feel those fruit scents bursting!

    http://thesnowflowerrr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts