(Updated)My Opinion: Sephora Singapore



EDIT: Ok, so I was pretty harsh about Sephora in my original post so I thought I'd try to be fairer and less emotional via breaking down the good and the bad of Sephora Singapore.

The good:

  1. I've heard raves about Sephora.
  2. I've seen their huge beauty supplies at the Orchard ion store ranging from brands like John Masters to even Crabtree and Evelyn.
  3. I'd have thought it was the ultimate shopper's paradise for cosmetics, skincare and other beauty products.
  4. My friend loved it. It's like her shopping heaven
  5. You get brands not sold in Singapore, like Urban Decay and Burt's Bees alongside reputable brands like SKII, Clarins, Clinique and Estee Lauder.
  6. I love their boxes of mini item for sale near the cashier, it's like an adult version of candy you get at supermarkets. So tempting and cute. I bought a Burt's Bees lip balm that came along with a lemon butter cuticle cream for 9 bucks. The balm itself costs 8 which is...what? The cream costs a buck? (But it's small.)
  7. Membership is available with any purchase. It can be used in Singapore and Malaysia. $1 per point or 3RM per point. Every 250 points accumulated entitles you to a 10% off, which, in my opinion, means crazy hauling. Yeah.
  8. The store is huuuge at Ion orchard. I feel like I'm in a shopping mall of its own.

The bad:

  1. Its customer service sucks. I was left feeling utterly snubbed and pissed after four saleswomen decide to conveniently ignore me and my inquiries despite me asking them. Two of them were even just chatting by themselves. At best, one of them smiled at me and proceeded to ignore me. I have this impression that it's because I was not carrying a branded bag as their saleswomen would be so eager to say "WELCOME LADIESSSSS" when women with branded bags stroll in.I know this is a materialistic world we live in, but hello, YOU'RE A DAMN SALES STAFF. It's your job to service customers. I went into Sephora thinking of purchasing a couple of hundred bucks worth of stuff only to be snubbed because I wasn't dressed as well.
  2. Prices are way way way higher here. My friend got a mini Philosophy cleanser cause the original size costs S$37(US$30.2139) when it costs just US$10 on Sephora's US site. An urban decay eyeshadow retails for S$30 when it costs US$18.
  3. No free samples. We hear about how US bloggers rave about the tons of samples they received. No such luck here, dude.
  4. Too much lighting and glitz. Made me feel dizzy.

In all, if the bad outweighs the good, stay the hell away from Sephora. I'm staying away as much as possible since I place HUGE IMPORTANCE on customer service. 






Comments

Popular Posts