{{Fragrance Review}}: 24 Faubourg by Hermes


Hello my darlings, I'm excited to write a review about a new edition to my fragrance collection-- Hermes' 24 Faubourg (eau de parfum). 

First of all, I adore the packaging of this perfume. It's so luxe and beautiful. The pretty swirly motifs and the star-shaped bottle leaves me swooning. I have 75ml of the juice but my bottle is the leather case version. So boo, I don't have that gorgeous bottle pictured. But still, the lovely juice needs no fancy packaging, really.

Hermes 24 Faubourg is a scent for the daring female. It exudes class, charisma, femininity. 
24 Faubourg opens up with a burst of high-quality white florals that charmed even me, who's not typically into florals. There is a hint of bitterness to the bountiful flowers (predominantly a symphony of magnolia and jasmine) - an almost tea-like quality. The flowers are also mildly sweet as well. There is a hint of juicy bergamot that renders a rather sparkling quality to it. At this stage, you can already smell the whiffs of its chypre base.

As the fragrance develops, patchouli becomes more noticeable but remains in the background. The amber in this perfume lends a warmth, comforting touch to it. The oakmoss is now far more obvious, which lends a beautiful earthy, mossy quality to the scent. Truly intoxicating.

Super strong sillage. I made head turns with just 2 sprays. Go easy. Or, if you're like my friend who doesn't mind people evacuating from his vicinity, go trigger-happy! :D
Excellent longevity. An easy 12 hours.

A word of caution: this perfume may not be appreciated by the younger crowd. I have seen several reviews calling it old-ladyish. I abhor that term. I am 19 and am enamoured with this beauty.

FYI, the late princess Diana wore this perfume. Shows how classy it is.

Verdict: worth a sniff the next time you're near a Hermes counter. Who knows? You might fall in love with it. I know I did. P.S: Test on skin as well as the scent changes with different skin chemistries.

Comments

Popular Posts